Through their hands-on management style and expertise, they manage to quickly resolve all tenant and building issues on a timely basis and at minimal cost...— Client (National Asset Manager)
An efficient building management system and maintenance program is key to maintaining a high level of operational efficiency and tenant comfort. At Touchstone we understand this, which is why we have invested considerable resources in assembling skilled and experienced managers and industry qualified contractors and handyman services to provide comprehensive integrated maintenance solutions for all our properties.
Our Property Management Services include:
End-to-end property management solutions
When we take over a property, we assume full responsibility for its management and operations. We provide a wide range of property management services that include:
• Property inspections
• Overseeing building upgrades and improvements
• Compliance with current codes and bylaws
• Purchase of equipment after calling for and reviewing competitive bids
• Repairs and preventive maintenance
• Service contract negotiations and management
• Lease administration and tenant services
• Insurance and appraisal administration
• Tenant billing and collections
• Financial reporting and budgets
Our property managers are constantly adding value to the property by improving operating efficiency and tenant comfort.
Client-driven financial reporting
Timely and accurate financial reporting and proactive cash management solutions are among Touchstone's key strengths. Led by a 20-year veteran of property accounting, our accounting staff has many years of experience and follow the stringent standards and guidelines set by the Real Estate Council of British Columbia andCanadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
What to expect:
• Monthly reports are formatted to suit clients
• Operating statements, balance sheets, and supporting schedules
• Budget preparation
• Tenant billing and collections
• Payment of operating expenses
• GST reconciliation and remittance
• Advice on what to do with surplus funds
• Year-end audit working paper files
• Project accounting (tenant/building improvements)
• Use of professional property management software
Property management is a "people" business and it involves understanding the needs of the owners and tenants. Our clients can be assured that they will receive one-on-one personalized attention from our property managers and support team who are always available to answer their questions and discuss any issues.
Our property managers pay regular visits to their properties to ensure that everything is running smoothly.
Real-time communication and response
Staying in touch with our clients is a hallmark of our client services. Not surprisingly, we have made substantial investments in state-of-the-art communications technology to ensure quick response to issues.
Clients will always reach a live person whether they call during business hours or after.
FOR OWNERS: What should an owner demand from a property manager?
At Touchstone, all staff from managers to administration and accouting, work as a close-knit team to service our clients. They become familiar with all the properties and, as a result, issues are dealt with faster and more efficiently.
We utilize leading-edge integrated communication technology to respond to issues and complaints expeditiously.